Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Response to pride

I wrote a ppoem called "pride". this poem is based on a movie that me and my class seen in spanish class , its called "Entre Nos". this movie was about a women that was not wealthy and her husband left her wit two kids. this women struggled to get her and her kids through life but she did it and ended up successfull in the end. My poem relates to this movie in so many different ways. For example the lines
"You say im dumb?
Ill prove you wrong"
in the begining of the movie the man treated her like she was a nobody and will never be one and at the end of the movie she was somebody and she did it all on her own.
My poem is a pretty short poem but inside each and every line has a whole story to it. This film "Entre Nos" which means "Between Us" is based on a true story. That is one of the reasons why i wrote this poem. I felt strongly about this film so i decided "hey, if i write a poem it would show what i think the mother in this story is going through". I hope i showed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment